The primary responsibility of the Driver is to provide timely, safe and courteous transportation in an effective manner. The Driver is permitted to operate lift accessible vans.
We seek highly motivated and experienced Drivers with a background in dealing with the public. Knowledge in driving preferred.
- Must hold a valid Michigan Chauffeurs License
- Must have a driving record in Good Standing
- Previous driving experience
- Positive attitude
- Excellent verbal communication
- Professional appearance
- Ability to read GPS maps efficiently
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers
- An ability to function well as part of a team
- Diligent attention to detail
- Diligent attention to safety
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely transport disabled individuals in a timely, safe and courteous manner
- Determine the route to take to each customer
- Maintain manifest and work orders and complete pre-trip inspections
- Follow all state, federal laws and those of the company
- Adhere to all safety requirements particular to the equipment, including Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Maintain appearance
- Maintain the service and appearance of vehicle
- Follow delivery/pickup instructions from Dispatcher
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Disqualification for Employment:
- Any major violations (Rap, Mulestation, DWI, Homicide, Reckless Driving, Drugs, Leaving the Scene of an Accident)
- Two or more other moving violations and one at fault accident in the last three years.
- Three or more other moving violations in the last three years.
- Two or more at fault accidents in the last three years with no moving violations.
Drivers will not be qualified for this position if they have any of the above violations.
Education, Experience and Required Skills, Including Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Chauffeurs License